So the other day, as I was trying to think of a spring-like treat to whip up on a sunny Friday afternoon, it hit me. What is more spring looking than an array of pastel colors? Five minutes later, (seriously, five minutes later), these perfect treats were chilling away in the fridge.
Why not whip up a pan of these for an upcoming Easter gathering? A small 9x9 pan of these goes a long way, and would be a nice treat with a cup of coffee after an Easter brunch. Be sure to check out the links included in this post for some other scrumptious recipes for Easter. They are some of the favorites contributed by other bloggers to a week of fantastic Easter recipe sharing. Why not follow them to get a few new ideas every day?
But first: take 5 minutes to make these!
Peanut Butter Confetti Bars
|Look at this tower of sweet spring goodness!
1/4 cup melted butter or stick margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 package butterscotch chips (225 gram package)
Rainbow mini marshmallows (250 gram package)
Place mini marshmallows in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Line the bottom of a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter in 20 second increments. Add butterscotch chips and peanut butter, and stir. Continue melting on high power, 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each time until just melted. Basically, you want a warm, smooth mixture....not a boiling hot mess.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the marshmallows. Lightly stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared pan and lightly press. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to fully firm up.
To cut, run a knife along the edges to loosen the squares from the pan. Flip the pan over to remove (if you lined the pan with parchment carefully this will easily happen). If not, just cut the squares directly in the pan.
I like to cut these into 36 squares. A little bite of these goes a long way. You can always have a few, right?!
- Baked Eggs with Tomatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spring Herb Brie Bake by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Classic Peanut Butter Confetti Bars by Making the Most of Naptime
- Easter Muddy Buddies by Family Around The Table
- Honey Cinnamon Quick Bread by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Linda's Famous Carrot Cake by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Easter Cheesecake Bites by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Strawberry “Carrots” by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sharadan's Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Praying Arm Pretzels by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline's Cooking
- Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm